Thought For Today

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life is a mystery


I wrote this a few years ago for a friend who had lost her soul mate of 20+ years. She felt lost, confused, hurt and alone..... only to one day find true love once more when she least expected it.....




This goes to life as well. We feel there is no Hope, no way to go on. One day we awaken to find life has changed around us while we've been stagnant in our own discontent...

ahhh , when this enlightenment happens, this is when New Life, New Hope cam begin again.....


Hmm... I just noticed. I never gave this one a title.... maybe it doesn't need one... (or I can ask for your help in naming it?)






Life is a mystery beyond comprehension

All its twists and turns I dare to mention

With the ups and downs there are many parts

To test and strengthen even the best of hearts

The past and the present create who you are

And your future can be as bright as that star

Remembering loved ones especially those past

Builds our resolve to stand tall by their mast

Like the great phoenix from death we grow strong

Out of the ashes comes new Love to last long

Look up to the sky and remember what's been

Then look by your side feel the warmth stir within

To be blessed with love once is a mighty pleasure

To find love again is a Heavenly treasure

As angels watch over you both night and day

God's Blessed you with this love that will stay

May your lives grow together with such great love

As God watches over you both from above

written with Love and Light 12/15/02 by Nina P.











6 comments:

Clytie said...

This tribute to your friend is beautiful. Losing, grieving, loving, living. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your comment about the dandelion fluff wishes. We used to do the same - blow the wishes to heaven. Thank you for reminding me!

Tammie Lee said...

Such a lovely and loving poem!

miruspeg said...

What a wonderful friend you are Nina to pen these meaningful words for your friends.

I feel life definitely is a mystery.

I love the lines:
"Look up to the sky and remember what's been"

AND
"To be blessed with love once is a mighty pleasure".

I know that I’m striving and learning and growing....and improving any part of me that feels defeated, disappointed in some way.
Life is just waiting for us to honour it and see the beauty...

As you say "Love and Light"
:-)
Peggy

Nina said...

Thank you, Clytie, Tammie Lee and Peggy. I truly appreceate your kind words and support. I'm loving my new blog friends and enjoying the wisdom found and offered by each of you. Thank you again for being kind gentle souls. I look forward to more sharing and caring. Love and Light, Nina P.

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my dear--I, too see your words and thoughts as lovely. Thank you for sharing your heart...I'd fogotten about the dandilion fluff wishes. Cytie and I have so many of our family in heaven...I think we need to blow a few wishes up to heaven.

Blessings and comfort to you, dear girl. ((((hugs))))

Binoy Mathew said...

This is really inspiring for a wounded heart... I can feel the relief from these magnificiant words.. great post...