Thought For Today

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Beauty of Life Begins

I'm trying my hand at some new styles... So here goes: Enjoy!
This was written after seeing some amazing photo's of expecting Mom's. What must go through their thoughts etc...
I had a friend read it without explaining what inspired it and she thought the poem was about inner growth, acceptance and confidence...  What are your thoughts?





The Beauty of Life Begins

A Life, begins oh so small
What adventures lie ahead?

This seed inside starts to grow
Anticipations high

A little one, a sprout of sorts
Changing with each day

Young Life growing deep within
Questions fill my head

Will I be able to nurture
This life that's just begun?

Can I teach the best of me
To share the Love I have?

Should I falter at my task
Will they understand?

I stand here and I wonder
Am I ready for this task?

Shedding doubts that I have
I fill instead with Hope

The answers come as from above
Compassion, Love and Light

If I use all these and more
There's Promise in this life

I will do my part in this
With a  grateful Loving hand

The beauty of life that is inside
Is waiting to be born

So take your place in this world
And fill an opening

Now I feel such Hope and Love
As Beauty rests inside

Questions still reside in me
I'm ready for this Life

Breezes come  refresh my soul
Fill me with such Joy

For Hope it springs eternal
The Beauty of Life Begins

Written 10/2/2009
with Hope, Compassion,
Love and light
by Nina P





14 comments:

Unseen India Tours said...

BEautiful words and lovely shots !! Simply nice post !! Great..Unseen Rajasthan

Anonymous said...

As always you've written pure beauty. Have I ever told you my sister's name is Nina?

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Am loving this perspective, but then I love mothers, birth and all things feminine. Miss Nina, you give voice to such beauty. "Hope springs eternal," I love that quote. Just bought notecards yesterday with that passage. Holy synchronicity. Blessings!

septembermom said...

You're a master at all the styles! Beauty in all these lines :)

Anonymous said...

From my experience of watching my self and other people, the things we are seeing outside of us are based on what is resonating on the inside of us. Like a chord is being struck. So if you see people who are about to give birth, then pregnancy is on your mind, otherwise it would be invisible to you as is most of creation for all of us. Therefore, perhaps you are about to give birth to a seed that you have been nourishing. Are you ready for this?, which would be a common feeling because it is shedding off the old to experience something completely new. You sense transition and spirit upon the breeze. You are growing in awareness. Your energy is raising as you are reaching higher to the stars while firmly planted on earth. ?

Debra said...

To me, your words evoked approaching transition. The possibilities of change.

Beautifully written, Nina.

Hugs,
Debbie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous Nina... One of the best moments of my life (besides meeting and marrying George) was the birth of my first grandchild. I had raised three sons --so this grandDAUGHTER was pretty darn special. I got to witness the birth (in a birthing room) ---and let me tell you, this was a miracle unlike anything I had ever seen.

Your words are wonderful. New birth--new life--nourishing and nurturing this new life... So important.
Hugs,
Betsy

Renee said...

Truly beautiful Nina.

Love Renee xo

Acornmoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Acornmoon said...

Ooops, I made a mistake!

What I should have written was -

A beautiful piece of writing with great sensitivity.

Unknown said...

one word: beautiful! you never cease to inspire, well done! XXOO, denny

i have a wonderful photo of an expectant mother at flickr - let me know if you would like the address to use here. (not mine - in creative commons - but i've used it on my blog as it is the epitome of joy!)

Autumn Leaves said...

Nina, so nice to find your blog (and thank you for finding me)! This is such beautiful verse and I love the analogy of the fresh breezes and new life!

Clytie said...

Beautiful words capture the essence of a new life, just begun, and the life changing journey which also has just begun.

sallymandy said...

Lovely! Thank you for this lovely poem. It reminds me of how I felt when I was pregnant.

Thanks also, Nina, for your visit to my blog. Very nice to have you!